If you follow me for some time, you know that I am creating sweet and savoury dishes from legumes. Chickpea flour is my most favourite ingredient also for desserts. It adds super flavour and other benefits too. Its much more healthier alternative, its naturally gluten-free and rich of protein and nutrients your body needs.
These sweet muffins are vegan, gluten-free and made from chickpea flour. They are light, delicious, fluffy and stays soft still during the second day. Because of the chickpea flour, they can be a super-power breakfast or a snack during the day. Muffins are also so practical to take-away with you to the office or give them to your kids to school.
Easy, mess-free, work-free and super taste-full.
The preparation of these muffins is quite easy too. You just mix all ingredients together and pour it into a baking bowls. That’s it!
These muffins are
- Gluten free
- Soft inside
- Healthy & Decicious
- Easy to prepare
You can download one-page recipe pdf here, print it and keep it in your cookbook
Recipe for this Vegan and Gluten-free Chickpea muffins with cherries
- N. of servings: 12
- Time of preparation and cooking: 20 and 35 minutes approximately
- Kitchenware needed: bowl, fork, whisk, muffin cake pan, sieve, small scoop, muffin tray and baking paper cupcakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup of soy milk
- 0,5 cup of raw cane sugar
- 2 tsp of apple vinegar
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- ¾ cup of chickpea flour
- ¼ cup of buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Some cherries, cleaned and pitted
- Turn on the oven for 180 degrees. Place the baking paper cups into the cupcake tray.
- In a big bowl, by using a fork, mash the banana until it has a pudding consistency.
- Add milk, apple vinegar, pinch of salt, sugar and coconut oil. Combine all well by using a whisk.
- Then, through a sieve, add the chickpea, buckwheat flour and baking powder, and combine it well into the butter. Keep stirring until all is well mixed. The batter should be between tick and liquid.
- By using a scoop, pour the batter into paper cupcakes. The batter is right enough for 12 muffins. Place the 3 or 4 half-cherries into each muffin. Bake it in oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes, then lower the temperature to 160 degrees for other 15 minutes or until the muffins are baked. Then, take them out of oven and let it cool to room temperature.