Every month, I host an Instagram Food Photography Challenge for creatives from all around the world. These challenges are part of my Food Photography Learning Journey Program. The program is designed to help food photographers learn something new each month and take their food photography skills to the next level.
And thanks to the new theme challenge, we will learn what are the best camera angles in food photography and why & when to use them.
The task is to create an image using the “straight on” camera angle.
Did you know that there are some of the most commonly used camera angles in Food Photography?
And it’s necessary for each food photographer to know about them.
Therefore I wanted to dive more into this topic, why to use them for your photoshoots, and how to execute them properly.
More insights about the challenge
More insights and tips for creating your entries will be provided exclusively to my subscribers via newsletters.
There, over the next 3 weeks (24, 31 August and 7 September) we will talk about different camera angles, when and why to use them, and what type of food works best with what angle.
If you want to learn more about all this, subscribe to my newsletters from this link.
Dates and hashtags of the challenge
You can participate by posting maximum of 4 images(entries) per person per challenge. Post them in your Instagram feed from August 16 – September 15.
Use the NEW hashtag #straightonchallenge, tag me @healthygoodiesbylucia in your images and mention me too in a comment.
CHANGES – HASHTAG, WINNER AND MAX. LIMIT OF ENTRIES PER PERSON
There are a couple of changes in the challenges from today.
- There is going to be a new hashtag each month: the new theme is: #straightonchallenge. The new hashtag will help me and my host choose winners more effectively.
- And we will be choosing a winner! Each month, I will invite a guest to help me choose 4 best images of yours, and then, you will be voting for the best one! I will be sharing those 4 images in my stories, explaining you also why we chose them. I wanted to include you in the winner selection to show my appreciation to each and every one of you as a community that help and inspire each other. This way, everybody will be included and everybody will have a chance to contribute to choosing a winner.
- And the last is max. limit of entries: 4 entries per month. You are going to learn something new each week from my newsletters, therefore you can implement all this into practice and join the challenge each week of the month.
The judge for the “Straight On” Challenge – Lucia Carniel
Lucia Carniel, is an Italian food blogger and food photographer behind the L’ultima Fetta. She was 38 when she left her corporate career to follow her dream. Today, she is a full-time Food Photographer, Copywriter, and Social media Consultant.
Why you should participate in Food Photography Challenges?
- photography challenges are a great way to learn something new and improve your photography skills
- you will join a fantastic community of creatives from around the globe, who share the same passion for food photography
- if you are stuck and you do not feel creative, joining this challenge can kick you with positive energy and motivate you
- and also mainly because joining challenges is a lot of fun!
Please, remember to tag your images with @healthygoodiesbylucia, mention me also in a caption and use also a hashtag #straightonchallenge, so I can see your entries.
Read more information about this food photography challenge:
How to submit and tag images?
Tag your images with @healthygoodiesbylucia, mention me also in a caption and use also a hashtag #straightonchallenge. (each month there is going to be a new challenge hashtag.
When should I post images?
You can submit your image any day within the next month. You can join the challenge with multiple entries in different days.
Is there a winner in this food photography challenge?
Yes, from this challenge, we will be choosing a winner. I, together with a judge will be choosing 4 best images. Then, I will post them in my stories and you will vote for the best winning image.
What is the goal of this photography challenge?
The goal is to learn, get inspired, experiment more with what we have, and push our photography skills to the next level.
Who can participate?
Everyone, around the globe. You can be a beginner or professional food photographer. It’s about learning and getting inspired from each other.
Do I need to register to participate?
This challenge is free for everyone, you do not need to register. All you have to do is to follow @healthygoodiesbylucia on Instagram.
Can I receive more hints and tips about how to create my entry for this challenge?
Absolutely! I always inform my subscribers in the newsletter about new challenges and share some helpful information & tips from food photography. If you wish to be part of our club, you can subscribe to my newsletter too.
I am still learning food photography, can I join?
YES! you can join this challenge, whether you are a beginner or advanced in food photography. Challenges are a great way how to push your skills to the next level.