There are so many recipes for energy balls, which are super energy boosting, healthy and delicious. But what if I tell you that still you can make them even more nutrient? Have you ever tried to add black beans into your favourite recipes? If not, you should try it! It is very simple and you add very important nutrients to your body.
These balls are great source of energy in the morning, during middle of the day or before your workout. I take them sometimes to the office, they are very practical and easy to pack. They are vegan, gluten-free, legume based and lactose free too.
These Raw Energy Balls are:
- Plant based
- Nutrient and healthy
- Super easy and mess-free
You can download one-page recipe pdf here, print it and keep it in your cookbook
Recipe for this Raw Gluten-free & Vegan Black beans & Chocolate energy balls
N. of servings: about 14/15 small energy balls || Time of preparation: 20 minutes || Kitchenware needed: small food processor, bowl
- 150 g of black beans, cooked without salt, rinsed well under the water
- 55 g of dates, dry
- 50 g of hazelnuts or walnuts
- 50 g of peanut butter
- 10 g of cocoa powder (100%)
- 15 g of agave sirup
- 10 g of coconut oil
- some extra cocoa powder for later
- Place all ingredient (except the extra cocoa powder) in a small food processor and blend it until completely smooth and creamy.
- By using hands, form small balls of about 3 cm of diameter. You will get about 14/15 energy balls
- Once you form a ball shape, roll them in a cocoa powder. Store them in a fridge also for a couple of days.
Do you like the recipe? Are you looking also for some super healthy and energy lunch or dinner ideas? Check my LUNCH & DINNER category recipes.
Did you try this recipe? Tag #healthygoodiesbylucia on instagram and I will be very happy to see and share your photo in my stories!All images & content are copyright. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to re-publish this recipe, please link this post for the recipe. Thank you for your support!