Today I will share a very fast recipe, its healthy and you can do it using leftovers in fridge. Have you heard about quinoa and how nutritious it is? Quinoa provides protein, dietary fiber, B vitamins and dietary minerals in rich amounts and is gluten-free. It has also very delicious taste.
You can prepare various dishes from quinoa using different vegetable, meat, cheese or anything left in your fride. Today I will show you how to prepare quinoa with courgette, fresh cherry tomatoes, spring onion, chickpeas and feta cheese.
What you need for 2/3 portions>
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 spring onion of medium/big size
- 2 small/medium size courgette
- some cherry tomatoes
- 100 g feta cheese
- some cooked chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons of dry basil, or some fresh one
- 1 avocado (optional)
- Wash quinoa under the water and cook it on the fire in a cooking pot it until its soft. Add some salt
- Cut the spring onion into 2 pieces – divide white and green part. Cut both parts into small pieces.
- Heat a small amount of extra-vergine olive oil or coconut oil on a cooking pan.
- Roast the white part of spring onion until it has nice gold color. When ready, add the courgette and mix them until they are roasted and soft. Salt them little bit.
- Add already cooked chickpeas and mix it. Switch off the fire.
- Cut feta cheese into small pieces and add it into the vegetable.
- Add cooked quinoa.
- Cut into small pieces the green part of the spring onion, fresh cherry tomatoes and add it into the dish.
- Mix it all well.
If you wish, you can slice the avocado and serve it together. You can eat it warm or leave it a few hours in fridge, eat it cold or just take it to the picnic with you. It tastes even better the day after, when the dish absorbs the taste from spring onion and cherry tomatoes.
Buon appetito! 🙂