Craving for some super healthy, yummy and nutrient dinner or lunch? These carrots are so much delicious, super flavourful and mess-free. Perfect for a light dinner. Just grab some crackers and you don’t need anything else.
They are also great to take-away to the office or picnic as well. My favourite dip for this dish is a feta cheese cream that I prepare at home. I love that contrast taste of sweet carrots and sour feta. This carrots are gluten-free and vegan, by changing feta cream for any other vegan dip alternative.
No mess & no work
This is also one of the less-work meals I prepare. I even do not peel carrots, and to save more time, you can get a chickpea from a can. Then just put everything in one bowl, combine spices and move it to a baking pan.
These carrots are:
- Delicious and healthy
You can download one-page recipe pdf, print it and keep it in your cookbook
Recipe for this Gluten-free & Vegan Roasted carrots with chickpeas
- N. of servings: 2
- Time of preparation and cooking: 15 and 25/30 minutes approximately
- Kitchenware needed: bowl, a spoon, grater, baking pan
- 8-10 big carrots, cleaned under water, peeled or not – as you prefer
- 1 cup of chickpea cooked or 1 can of bought chickpea
- 2-3 onions, cut in circles
- 5 garlic cloves, grated, but adjust amount as preferred
- 2 tbsp of oregano
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fresh squeezed lemon
- Place carrots in a big bowl, add chickpea, oregano, salt, grated garlic and squeezed lemon. Combine it well together and put aside to marinate for about 20-30 minutes.
- Then, turn on the oven to 180 degrees. Grease a baking pan. Place first the carrots, with some marinated sauce into the baking pan, add a little bit of water. Place cut onions on top of that. Put it in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until carrots are almost soft. Check it from time to time and if needed add some water. It should never stay without any water in the baking pan.
- After, add the marinated chickpea with all the rest of the sauce from the bowl into the carrots and put it back to the oven for other 10 minutes. Again, if needed add a little bit of water and check it also from time to time while roasting.
You can prepare the feta cream: blend one feta cheese, a spoon of chopped chives and some milk together in a blender, until completely smooth. Adjust preferred consistency by adding more milk.
Do you like the recipe? Are you looking also for some super healthy and energy lunch or dinner ideas? Check my LUNCH & DINNER category recipes.
Did you try this recipe? Tag #healthygoodiesbylucia on instagram and I will be very happy to see and share your photo in my stories!All images & content are copyright. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to re-publish this recipe, please link this post for the recipe. Thank you for your support!