I am so excited to introduce to you my monthly Food Photography Challenges. They are free for everyone and are designed to help you learn very specific skills in food photography.
These challenges are part of my Free Food Photography Learning Journey program, which offers a complete learning experience to achieve your food photography goals.
Today, I want to share with you an overview of the challenges for 2020. Each monthly theme is focused on a very specific area of food photography – whether it is a composition, light, colors or storytelling. To help you create your entries, I share valuable insights and behind the scenes each week in my newsletters.
You can join the challenges and the program whether you are a beginner or an advanced food photographer. We help and inspire each other.
Why to join my challenges?
- challenges are a great way to learn something new and improve your photography skills;
- each photography challenge is very specific about learning something concrete from food photography;
- you will join a fantastic community of creatives from around the globe, who share the same passion for food photography;
- if you are stuck and you do not feel creative, joining these photography challenges can kick you with positive energy and motivate you;
- and also because joining challenges is a lot of fun!
Food photography challenges 2020 overview June – December:
Dates, Themes and what you will learn by joining the challenges & my newsletters:
- June 19 – July 15- “Bright & Dark“ – we will play with light and we will learn how to create different moods;
- July 16 – August 15- “Summer Vibes” – how to shoot with hard light and include summer colors & feeling in images;
- August 16 – September 15 – “Straight on” – using the “straight on” angle in food photography and which foods work better with this angle;
- September 16 – October 15 – “Negative Space” – using the negative space in your images; how to work with it and why it’s important;
- October 16 – November 15 – “Analogous colors”– we learn what it is and how to create images with this color combination;
- November 16 – December 15 – “Christmas Vibes” – we will deep into storytelling and learn how to create Christmas mood in food photography.
What we already learned in my previous challenges:
- How to work with Light to create different moods – you can download my FREE guide about How to work with Light in Food Photography
- How to strengthen your creativity by creating 5 different scenes of the same subject;
- using the number 3 in food photography;
- we learned how to shoot with hard light and to transform simple food into an art by using a hard light
- we dived into storytelling too, by creating a perfect breakfast scenes
- learned how to create ingredients images or shoot a process of a meal preparation
- action shots were definitely not missing either
- and in the last one, we learned what is the Golden Triangle composition
If you are curious to see all entries for the past challenges, head to our hashtag #capturelearnandinspire on Instagram.
All other information about each challenge will be provided at the beginning of the new theme and more education, insights & behind the scenes will be shared only in my newsletters. You can join me here.
I will be happy if you share these challenges with your friends and anybody else who you think will enjoy joining us.
You can also pin this image on your Pinterest and help me spread the word about these challenges.
ANY MORE QUESTIONS?
You can e-mail me at healthygoodiesbylucia(at)gmail(dot)com or write me a message on Instagram and I’ll be happy to help.