Have you ever thought how you can make a cake more nutrient and healthier? I have been using a gluten-free flour for a few years but I am not a big fun of its taste. Recently, I have been also looking for ways how to make a cake healthier and tastefull at the same time. This cake is made from almond and chickpea flour, is naturally is rich in flavour and protein too. Suitable for all family or guests and great source of energy for breakfast as well.
This recipe is originally created in my kitchen. Instead of a classic gluten-free flour I used a mix of almond and chickpea flours. It gave to the cake a real character and an intensive taste. Do not worry, you absolutely do not recognise that it’s made from the chickpeas. I have prepared this cake for a picnic we did with our friends, and they loved it.
This dish is:
- Great for dessert and as breakfast too
You can download one-page cheesecake recipe pdf, print it and keep it in your cookbook
Recipe for this gluten-free Chickpea Almond Cake with Apricots
- N. of servings: 8
- Time of preparation and cooking: 30 and 40 minutes approximately
- Kitchenware needed: bowl, hand mixer, large spatula, a cake pan of about 18 cm
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 cup of chickpea flour
- 3/4 cup of raw cane sugar
- 3 tsp of apple vinegar
- 1/4 cup of seeds oil or coconut oil
- 0,5 cup of soy or almond milk
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- some fresh apricots – cut in half
- some sliced almonds
- Turn on the oven for 180 degrees. Grease well the baking pan and put aside.
- By using a hand mixer, beat 3 whole eggs into a perfect airy foam of light yellow colour. It might take about 3 minutes. Stop immediately the foam is created and do not overwork it, otherwise the eggs turn to be liquid again.
- Add the sugar and continue beating until the sugar melts. It might take about 1 minute.
- Add milk, oil, vanilla, apple vinegar and mix it well by using a hand mixer.
- Through a sieve, add chickpea and almond flour and baking powder. Incorporate it well and gently into the batter by using a large spatula – fold from the bottom up to the sides. Do not stir or mix the batter and do not over-work it, otherwise it will not rise well while baking.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and place on top the fresh apricots and sliced almonds. Bake it in oven for 180 degrees for the first 15 minutes, then lower the temperature to 165 degrees for other 25 minutes or until the cake is baked. Then, remove it from oven and put aside to cool down to reach a room temperature.
Do you like the recipe? Are you looking also for some super healthy and energy lunch or dinner ideas? Check my LUNCH & DINNER category recipes.
Did you try this recipe? Tag #healthygoodiesbylucia on instagram and I will be very happy to see and share your photo in my stories!All images & content are copyright. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to re-publish this recipe, please link this post for the recipe. Thank you for your support!