Have you ever wondered what you can do with chickpea flour? Since I discovered it, I always use it instead of a gluten-free flour for preparing savory or sweet dishes also. Today, I will show you how to prepare my favourite savory quiche.
This recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, the flour is 100% chickpeas. It is vegetarian dish, great for lunch or dinner, but also simple to pack it for the office. I like serving it with salad and avocado. I kept the recipe healthy and lactose-free, by using no butter, very little oil and a plant-based milk.
Preparation of this quiche takes about 25 minutes + 40 minutes of baking. The recipe is made for 3 or 4 portions:
- 3 eggs
- 1,5 cup of (plant-based) milk
- 1 cup and 2 full tbsp of chickpea flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp of curry powder
- 0,25 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin powder (or use cumin seeds instead)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- about 200 g of mushrooms
- half of cauliflour (medium size) or 1 small
- 1 onion, cleaned and cut
- Optional: fresh coriander, avocado and salad for serving
- Heat the oven for 190°. Grease the cake pan or use a parchment paper and put aside.
- Cut mushrooms and cauliflower into small pieces, put aside.
- In a big bowl, using a whisk, combine eggs, milk, salt, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, coriander and oil. Add chickpea flour and mix it well. The mixture should be creamy, between liquid and tick.
- Place mushrooms and cauliflower into the cake pan and pour the batter onto it. On top, you can put some onion.
- Bake it in the oven for about 40 minutes. First 20 minutes 190°, then lower the temperature for 170°.