Staying fit with all those delicious desserts out there might be really tough, isn’t it? Have you ever tried to make a cake healthier and more nutritious but still as delicious as the classic one?
This cheese cake is made from chickpea flour. It is gluten free, legume based and naturally rich in important minerals and protein, as chickpea contains about double amount of protein comparing to a classic flour and it gives you many other advantages too.
Friends & Family proved & great dessert for your guests!
You can enjoy this cake for breakfast or prepare it for your guests too. I made it for Saturday lunch when we had a few guests at home and they loved it! I also sent it with my boyfriend the other day for his colleagues and they enjoyed it a lot too! Don’t worry about the taste of legumes, you don’t feel it, and the combination of the cream cheese frosting and fresh summer fruits is a perfect fit with the chickpea base.
This recipe is:
- Gluten free
- Legume based
- Nut free
- Nutrient and naturally rich in protein
- Great as breakfast too
You can download one-page cheesecake recipe pdf here, print it and keep it in your cookbook
Recipe for this gluten-free Chickpea Summer Cheesecake with fresh fruits
- N. of servings: 8
- Time of preparation and cooking: 30 and 35 minutes approximately + 15 minutes to decorate
- Kitchenware needed: bowl, hand mixer, large spatula, a round cake pan of 18 cm diameter, sieve, spatula or a pastry bag
Ingredients for the base:
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of raw cane sugar
- 0,5 cup of milk (soy, rice or any other)
- 1/4 cup of oil (sunflower seeds)
- 120 g of quark cheese or Philadelphia cheese
- 3 tsp of apple vinegar
- vanilla (optional)
- 1 cup of chickpea flour
- 0,5 cup of buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
Ingredients for the cheese frosting:
- 120 g of quark cheese or sour cream (at a room temperature)
- 250 g of Philadelphia cheese (at a room temperature)
- 65 g of powder sugar
- The base: Turn on the oven for 180 degrees and grease the baking pan.
- By using a hand mixer, beat 2 whole eggs into a perfect airy foam of light yellow colour. It might take about 3 minutes. Stop immediately the foam is created and do not overwork it, otherwise the eggs turn to be liquid again.
- Add the sugar and continue beating until the sugar melts. It might take about 1 minute.
- Add milk, oil, vanilla, apple vinegar and quark/philadephia cheese, and combine it well into the batter. You can still use the hand mixer.
- Through a sieve, add chickpea and buckwheat flour and baking powder. Incorporate it well and gently into the batter by using a large spatula – fold from the bottom up to the sides. Do not stir or mix the batter and do not over-work it, otherwise it will not rise well while baking.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake it in oven for about 35-40 minutes. When the cake is baked, put it out of oven and set aside to cool down for a room temperature.
- Frosting: In the meantime you can prepare the cream cheese frosting. By using a hand mixer, combine all ingredients together: quark, philadelphia and sugar. Keep mixing for about 30 seconds until it reaches a creamy consistency. As soon as you see all is well combined, stop mixing it.
- Assembling: when the cake cools down, cut the round top with a sharp knife. Place the cake on a plate and spread the frosting with a spatula or with a pastry bag. Then, place your favourite fruit on top.
Practical practical tips:
- If you can’t find a quark cheese, you can use a sour cream instead.
- If you need this cake to be a lactose free, use a soy/rice milk in the batter and Philadelphia lactose free cream cheese.
Do you like the recipe? Are you looking also for some super healthy and energy lunch or dinner ideas? Check my LUNCH & DINNER category recipes.
Did you try this recipe? Tag #healthygoodiesbylucia on instagram and I will be very happy to see and share your photo in my stories!All images & content are copyright. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to re-publish this recipe, please link this post for the recipe. Thank you for your support!