Have you ever tried falafel? I have to say that my first try was only some months ago. I loved it so much and since then I make them quite often. They are super nutrient, healthy and great as dinner or just as a snack in front of a movie.
Falafel is vegan, gluten-free, very nutrient and full of protein, a rich dish from poor ingredients. It is a perfect meal for dinner, you can serve it with some fresh salad or vegetables. It is also very practical to take with you as lunch to the office or put it in wraps or a sandwich also.
The preparation of these falafels is easy too. As you cook falafels from raw soaked chickpea, you need to organise yourself a little bit to soak the chickpea at least 8 hours (or overnight) before cooking. 12 hours soaking is fine too, just in this case put the chickpea into a fridge.
These falafels are:
- Healthy and nutrient
- Satisfying and satiating
You can download one-page Chickpea Mint Falafel recipe pdf, print it and keep it in your cookbook
Recipe for this gluten-free & Vegan Chickpea Mint Falafel
- N. of servings: 10/11 falafels of 5 cm diameter
- Time of preparation and cooking: 15 and 25 minutes approximately
- Kitchenware needed: food processor, parchment paper, baking sheet
- 1 cup of soaked uncooked chickpea
- 1/2 onion
- 3/4 cup of fresh mint
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 3/4 tsp of cumin powder or cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Heat the oven for 180 degrees. Put the parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Put all ingredients into a small food processor and blend until smooth. Then, by using your hands, form small patties from the mixture and place them on the baking sheet. Usually I don’t put any oil on the parchment paper. You might form 10/11 falafels of about 5 cm diameter.
- Bake it in oven for 20-30 minutes, or until the falafels have rich golden colour on top.
Do you like the recipe? Are you looking also for some super healthy and energy lunch or dinner ideas? Check my LUNCH & DINNER category recipes.
Did you try this recipe? Tag #healthygoodiesbylucia on instagram and I will be very happy to see and share your photo in my stories!All images & content are copyright. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to re-publish this recipe, please link this post for the recipe. Thank you for your support!