Craving for some healthy dinner but can’t decide whether to do a curry, frittata or a quiche? What about to do all in one dish? Well, this recipe is something between frittata and quiche. It’s very easy to do and so yummy. Try this Chickpea Curry Quiche with broccoli and cauliflower, it’s vegetarian, lactose-free, grain-free and gluten-free recipe and made with chickpea flour.
This quiche is great for lunch or dinner, its also easy to bring it the other day for lunch in the office. You can serve it with some green salad. You can bake it with any kind of vegetables. Raw or cooked, it’s up to you. I used broccoli and cauliflower that I didn’t pre-cook, so the quiche was moist inside with still crunchy veggies.
This dish is:
- Nutrient & healthy
Recipe for this gluten-free Curry Quiche with broccoli and cauliflower
- N. of servings: 4
- Time of preparation and cooking: 15 and 40 minutes approximately
- Kitchenware needed: bowl, whisk, a cut board, knife, baking pan
- 3 eggs
- 1,5 cup of (plant-based) milk
- 1 cup and 2 full tbsp of chickpea flour
- 1 tsp salt (adjust as needed)
- 2 tsp of curry powder
- 0,25 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin powder (or cumin seeds)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- small broccoli head, cleaned and cut
- small cauliflower head, cleaned and cut
- 1 middle onion, cleaned and cut in circles
- Heat the oven for 190°. Grease the cake pan and/or use a parchment paper.
- In a big bowl, using a whisk, combine whole eggs, milk, salt, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, coriander and oil. Add chickpea flour and combine all well together. The mixture should be creamy, between liquid and tick.
- Place broccoli and cauliflower into the cake pan and pour the batter onto it. On top of the batter you can place cut onion.
- Bake it in the oven for about 40 minutes. First 20 minutes 180°, then lower the temperature for 170°.
Some practical tips:
- Instead of broccoli and cauliflower, you can use any other vegetable you have at home.
- Adjust amount of spices according to your taste, also adjust salt as preferred.
- Leftover quiche keep in fridge. You can warm it the other day and its still delicious.
Do you like the recipe? Are you looking also for some super healthy and energy lunch or dinner ideas? Check my LUNCH & DINNER category recipes.
Did you try this recipe? Tag #healthygoodiesbylucia on instagram and I will be very happy to see and share your photo in my stories!All images & content are copyright. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to re-publish this recipe, please link this post for the recipe. Thank you for your support!