I am a big fan of crepes, it is so easy and quick to do and they are always perfect for any morning. My super-favourite one is with peanut butter and banana.
Have you ever used chickpea flour for some sweat dishes? If not, this is a great occasion. These crepes are prepared from chickpea and buckwheat flour, so they are gluten-free, refined sugar-free, really nutrient and full of protein also. In combination with peanut butter and banana are perfect for boosting your energy in the morning or before your workout.
What you nead for about 8-10 servings (I used a pan of 28 diameter)
- 300 ml of plant based milk – for this recipe I used soy milk
- 2 tbsp of agave syrup
- 1 full egg
- pinch of salt and a little bit of oil
- 2 full tbsp of buckwheat flour
- 3 full tbsp of chickpea flour
- Heat a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil over the medium heat
- Combine all ingredients together with a whisk or a blender until the batter is smooth and thick
- Pour a small amount of the batter onto the griddle and brown on both sides. Pay attention not to burn them, it really takes seconds to cook them.
- if pancakes stick on the frying pan, you need to add more flour, because the butter might be too liquid;
- On the other side, if the pancakes do not spread well on frying pan, you might need to add a little bit of milk and mix well the batter again;
- amount of flour also depends on type of milk. Soy milk is usually denser than a rice milk. When using rice milk I probably need to add more flour, otherwise the pancakes will be sticking to your frying pan.