Autumn veggie bowl is excellent for the colder evenings. This dish is so simple and easy but rich at the same time. It is also gluten-free, lactose-free, vegan, composed by potatoes, vegetable, beans and spices. You can serve it with meat, eggs, or just eat it as it is. It’s also pretty easy to take it as a lunch to the office the other day.
You should have beans already cooked, so do them separately before or use 1 can of beans. Choose the vegetable according to your preferences, or add into this dish your prefered veggies. This recipe is so simple, that most likely you have all ingredients already at home.
Start with cutting your veggies, so chop the onion, cut the carrots, potatoes, pepper, broccoli and pumpkin in small pieces. On a cooking pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add the onion, stir it and cook it until golden color. Peel the garlic cloves and press it by hands, so you break it. Do not cut it more and add it to the onion. Stir and cook it for 2 minutes. Now you should add 2 teaspoons of sweet red paprika (I love red paprika and I use a lot. If you think it’s too much, use less and add it later, when you taste the dish).
Add your veggies with beans. Then, add 1 or 2 teaspoons of salt (depends on how salty dish you wish to have), 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds, 2 teaspoons of origanum majorana and stir it well. Lower the heat and add some water (like 1 dcl), only to cover the bottom of the cooking pan, and cook it on a low heat until the vegetable and potatoes get soft. Remember to check it often, stir it and add the water if there is none left. Sometimes I also add some cumin, majorana or salt. After about 20-30 minutes it should be cooked.
You can serve your veggies with some meat, fried egg or bread.
Summary of the recipe:
What you need for 2 persons:
- 1 medium size onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil, extravirgin
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and pressed
- 2 carrots
- 4 medium size potatoes
- 1 fresh pepper
- 0.5 kg of pumpkin, cut in cubes
- 1 can of beans, or beans already cooked
- 1 medium size of broccoli
- 2 teaspoons of sweet red paprika
- 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons of origanum majorana
- 1-2 teaspoons of salt
- some water
- Heat the oil in a cooking pan over medium heat
- Add the onion, stir and cook it until golden color and soft
- Add garlic and cook it for other 2 minutes
- Add the sweet red paprika spice and stir it
- Add all other ingredients – carrots, potatoes, pepper, broccoli, pumpkin and stir it well together
- Add the spices: cumin seeds, origanum majorana, salt
- Cook it until soft. Check it often, stir it, add some more water if none is left.
Buon appetito! 🙂
If you try this recipe and post it, remember to tag me with #passioneria. Thank you! 🙂